Little Lourdes Mission Hospital, Kidangoor
Little Lourdes Mission Hospital is a recognized name in patient care. It was incepted in the year 1956. They are one of the well-known Hospitals in Kidangoor. Backed with a vision to offer the best in patient care and equipped with technologically advanced healthcare facilities, they are one of the upcoming names in the healthcare industry.
Location of this hospital is easily accessible by various means of transport. A team of well-trained medical staff, non-medical staff and experienced clinical technicians work round-the-clock to offer various services. Their professional services make them a sought after Hospitals in Kottayam. A team of doctors on board, including specialists are equipped with the knowledge and expertise for handling various types of medical cases.
- Holistic Healing
- Healing through the Compassionate Love of Jesus
- To provide holistic health care to the sick with a spirit of dedication
- To provide preventive, promotive and rehabilitative services in the hospital as well as in the community
- To train different categories of health care personnel
- To organize and conduct staff development programmes for all categories of personnel
- Medical intensive care unit
- Surgical intensive care unit
- Pediatric intensive care unit
- Neonatal intensive care unit
- Labour Room
- Operation Theatre
- Accident & Trauma Care
- Public Relation Department
- Medical Insurance Cell
- Birth and Death Registration Cell
- Advance Booking Facility mobile No 8547855845
- Central Sterile Supply Department
- Pastoral Care & Prayer
- PEFR Test Camp on the First Monday of every month
- NEUROPATHY Test camp on the first Wednesday of every month
- Dietitians service on the first Saturday of every month
Community health nursing is the synthesis of nursing and public health practice applied to promote and protect the health of population. It combines all the basic elements of professional, clinical nursing with public health and community practice.
Obstetrics and Gynecology are medical specialties that focus on two different aspects of the female reproductive system. The department appreciates the concept and principles of obstetrical & Gynecological nursing and helps students to acquire Knowledge, develop attitude and skills in rendering nursing care to normal and high risk pregnant women, and gynecological patients in hospital and community settings.
Medical surgical nursing is a nursing specialty area concerned with the care of adult patients in a broad range of settings .The department provides students centered teaching and learning in conductive atmosphere for hands-on experience that helps the students to gain confidence in their nursing knowledge, skills and attitudinal practice.
Child health nursing is the art and science of giving nursing care to children from birth through adolescent with emphasis on the physical growth, mental emotional and psycho-social development.
Mental health nursing or psychiatric nursing is the specialized area of nursing practice which focus on promotion of mental health and prevention of mental illness for all, irrespective of age, sex, caste, creed and religion .
Nursing and statistics are included in the IIIrd year BSc (N) programme. It is designed to enable students to develop an understanding of basic concepts of research ,research process, and statistics, It is further structured to conduct/ participate in need based research studies in various settings and utilize the research findings to provide quality nursing care. The hors for practical will be utilized for conducting individual /group research project.
Nursing education is included in the IVth year BSc (N) programme. It is designed to help the students to develop an understanding of the principles and methods of teaching and to equip the students with the beginning skills in teaching in clinical, community health and educational settings.