Duration – 4 Years
No. of seats – 40
- Dress code
- Illness of students
- Safety regulations
- Guidance and counselling
- Mobile phones
- General rules and regulations of the college
- Admission criteria
While in the campus (College/Hospital/Community) the students are expected to dress modestly
- For female students, saree, churidar or college uniform is the permitted dress, while attending the classes and in the college and hospital premises.
- For Male students pants & shirt are only permitted.
- Hair should be neatly put up.
- Students are expected to maintain professional decorum.
- Observe the clinical Uniform code as per Management stipulations.
First Year BSc. Nursing
Second Year BSc. Nursing
Third Year BSc. Nursing
Fourth Year BSc. Nursing
- An Indian citizen or dependent of NRI.
- The minimum educational requirements shall be the passing of Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination (plus 2), or an equivalent Exam with 12 years of schooling from a recognized board or university with Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) and English with minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
- The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- Candidate should be medically fit.
- Selection shall be made on the basis of norms prescribed by Govt. & Kerala University of Health Sciences from time to time.
Illness of Students
Health clinic facilities are available to all the students and staff in the Casualty or other Departments of the little Lourdes mission Hospital, Kidangoor.
Each student is responsible for safeguarding his/her belongings.
Guidance and counseling
Students are expected to attend the guidance and counseling sessions. Students should feel free to contact their respective Class Coordinators and Principal if need arises.
By the order from Honorable Supreme Court of India, We have taken measures to prevent ragging. We have formed Anti-ragging committee, Anti-ragging Squad, Anti ragging monitoring cell, Anti ragging mentoring cell etc.
The details of Fee recommended by the Government every year will be intimated to the students in advance and they are required to pay the fee in time.
Use of mobile phone in the college and clinical area are strictly prohibited.
General Rules And Regulations Of The College
- Students should be punctual in the college and hospital premises.
- Every student must have a minimum of 80% of attendance separately for theory and practical to be eligible for University Examination. But for the course completion 100% clinical attendance is compulsory .
- Attendance shall be taken before each lecture, practical class or clinicals.
- Student should not be absent from the class unless it is satisfactorily explained or informed prior.
- Mass walk out or strikes are strictly prohibited.
- Ragging in any form is a criminal offence, and will be dealt with all seriousness. Any such activities will be reported to the police and the students indulging in ragging will be suspended from the college.
- Students of the college are forbidden to take any active part in political agitation against the authority of the management/government. Students of this college getting involved in any activity that may interfere with the co-operative life and educational work of the college will be liable to be suspended from the college by the Principal.
- Mobile phones are strictly prohibited in the college campus and students found to have violated the rule will be suspended.
- Students are forbidden to affix posters, display materials and other articles on the walls of the college buildings.
Community health nursing is the synthesis of nursing and public health practice applied to promote and protect the health of population. It combines all the basic elements of professional, clinical nursing with public health and community practice.
Obstetrics and Gynecology are medical specialties that focus on two different aspects of the female reproductive system. The department appreciates the concept and principles of obstetrical & Gynecological nursing and helps students to acquire Knowledge, develop attitude and skills in rendering nursing care to normal and high risk pregnant women, and gynecological patients in hospital and community settings.
Medical surgical nursing is a nursing specialty area concerned with the care of adult patients in a broad range of settings .The department provides students centered teaching and learning in conductive atmosphere for hands-on experience that helps the students to gain confidence in their nursing knowledge, skills and attitudinal practice.
Child health nursing is the art and science of giving nursing care to children from birth through adolescent with emphasis on the physical growth, mental emotional and psycho-social development.
Mental health nursing or psychiatric nursing is the specialized area of nursing practice which focus on promotion of mental health and prevention of mental illness for all, irrespective of age, sex, caste, creed and religion .
Nursing and statistics are included in the IIIrd year BSc (N) programme. It is designed to enable students to develop an understanding of basic concepts of research ,research process, and statistics, It is further structured to conduct/ participate in need based research studies in various settings and utilize the research findings to provide quality nursing care. The hors for practical will be utilized for conducting individual /group research project.
Nursing education is included in the IVth year BSc (N) programme. It is designed to help the students to develop an understanding of the principles and methods of teaching and to equip the students with the beginning skills in teaching in clinical, community health and educational settings.